- The www.e-com.house website does not automatically collect any information, except for information contained in cookie files.
- Cookie files (the so-called “cookies”) are IT data, in particular text files, stored in the terminal equipment of the website user and meant to facilitate the use of webpages. Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they originate, the time of their storing on the terminal equipment, and a unique number.
- The entity placing cookies on the terminal equipment of the website user and accessing them is the website operator, that is PERFORMANCE ACADEMY Sp. z o. o. with its registered office in Warsaw (address: ul. Jasna 1 lok. 436, 00-013, Warsaw, Poland), owner of e-com.house brand.
- Cookies are used for the purpose of:
a. tailoring the content of webpages to the user’s preferences and optimizing the use of the webpages; in particular, these files enable recognition of the website user’s device and correct display of the webpage as adjusted to his or her individual needs;
b. providing statistical data that help understand how website users use webpages, which in turn enables improvement of their structure and content;
c. maintaining the website user’s session (after logging in), thanks to which the website user does not have to re-enter login and password on every webpage of the website.
- Two basic types of cookies are used within the website: “session cookies” and “persistent cookies”. Session cookies are temporary files that are stored in the user’s
terminal equipment until he or she logs out, leaves the webpage, or switches off the software (web browser). Persistent cookies are stored in the user’ s terminal equipment for a period of time specified in the parameters of cookies or until they have been deleted by the user.
- The following types of cookies are used within the website:
a.“necessary” cookie files, enabling the use of services available within the Website, for example authenticating cookies used for services requiring authentication within the website;
b. cookies used to ensure security, for example used to detect abuse in the scope of authentication within the website;
c. “performance” cookies, enabling collecting information on the manner the webpages are used;
d. “functional” cookies, enabling “remembering” the settings selected by the user and personalization the user's interface, for example in terms of a selected language or region from which the user hails, font size, look of the webpage, etc.;
e. “advertising” cookies, enabling the provision of advertising content to users which is more attuned to their interests;
f. cookies used to collect statistics on visits to the website; cookies controlling the frequency of opening PopUp-style windows for a given website user.
- In many cases, the software used to browse the webpages (Internet browser) allows the storage of cookies in the user’s terminal equipment by default. Website users may at any time change the settings for cookies. In particular, these settings may be so changed in the Internet browser as to block the automatic handling of cookies or inform of their placement in the website user’s equipment each time such instance occurs. Detailed information on the possibility and methods of handling cookies is available in the settings of the software (web browser).
- Cookies placed and active in the terminal equipment of the website user may also be used by advertisers and partners cooperating with the website operator.
- More information on cookies is available at the address of the author of this policy (IAB Polska): http://wszystkoociasteczkach.pl/ (in Polish) or in the Help section within the Internet browser menu.